Monday, February 11, 2008

New picture and possibly a name?

Hope everyone is doing well! T-minus three weeks and counting!

Had another doctor appointment today. I've gained a pound which puts me at 30 lbs total now. Also, we are still on track for a 3/3/08 due date. It seems all the walking I've done this past week has not done a bit of good...our daughter is quite content in her little home. We will see if this is still the case next Tuesday when I go see the doc again. I'm guessing it will be.

The doctor let me know that Dave is welcome in the operating room for the birth and he can view as much or as little as he wants. I'm guessing it will be on the little side based on his face when I told him this. I told him he's free to see what he wants...all I need is for him to stay upright and make sure he doesn't need more medical attention than I do. I think when the time comes he will be just fine.

So...drumroll please....its true, we have a name. However, hate to spoil the fun but we are keeping it to ourselves. Come on... we need to keep something a surprise since we found out the sex and even have the date and time scheduled!! I will tell you all that this a new name. Some of you probably knew that we were deciding between two names...I liked one and Dave liked the other. I think we both realized that we didn't want the other to have to compromise so we came up with a new name. This beautiful name is very feminine and will fit her perfectly at any age. Its most definitely not on the list of the 10 most popular names- which is what we wanted - but then again its not Apple weird.

Dave and I also got certified in adult and infant CPR tonight. Figure its best to be prepared with a little one around. Of course you hope that you will never have to use it but at least we know what to do now.


2 comments:

Brian Millsaps said...

Guys,
Good idea on keeping the name on the down-low, that way people can't try to talk you out of it, and then have to feel bad when you don't listen to them. Lori and I would never do that, so feel free to whisper it to us! CPR = Smart, we did it.

Dave,
You should film the delivery. We had a c-section too (obviously), and I filmed it. The whole thing will be a blur to Jenny (well, and you), and it's nice to be able to relive it later (otherwise you have to rely on Fezzik to jog your memory, and that often ends badly, look at the Albino).

Brian Millsaps said...

PS - you guys should have my friend shoot little _______ this April/May when she's in-town. She changed her pricing (it went up), but I think it's totally worth it. Not sure if you've seen any of ours (we might post more), but she's good. Check out her site: www.piedpiperphoto.com